The application process for the 2020 generation of interns is now closed.
Who can apply?
Students of higher semesters (completed at least 6 semesters of BA, MA, PhD studies) and young graduates with or without first job experience are eligible to apply. Their field of studies should have following scientific foci:
- Waste management and recycling
- Mining and geotechnical engineering
- Business Administration
- Chemistry / Pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical engineering / Mechatronics
- Energy management and Renewable energies
- Finance / Insurance
- German studies
- Design and Architecture
- Law studies
- Communication / Media
- Agricultural engineering and management
- Mechanical engineering
- Political and social studies
- Management consulting
- Economics and audit
- Transport & Logistics
- Environment protection and „green economy“
- IT und computer technology
The applicants must be enrolled in an Ukrainian university and possess Ukrainian citizenship!
They should not be older than 30 years. A very good command of English and/or German is required.
Please, apply only for ONE field! Otherwise your application will not be considered. If you should have more than one internship preference, please leave a remark in your motivation letter. Be aware that all communication with companies takes place exclusively by our team. You should NOT contact companies in advance.
The application procedure consists of:
- Online application in English or German. Your application shall be submitted to the following email address: Bewerbungen-GIZ-Stipendienprogramm-Ukraine@giz.de
- Interview in one of the following cities – Kyiv, Kharkiv, Lviv, Odesa;
- Interview with a company as a rule via Skype (if requested by the company).
- Call for application – 1. May – 15. June 2019.
- Pre-selection interviews (Kyiv, Kharkiv, Lviv, Odesa) – mid/end of July 2019.
- Matchmaking (forwarding short-listed profiles to the participating companies; selection procedure done by the companies. Often companies decide based only on the written profiles. Some companies may prefer to conduct additional Skype or telephone interview with the candidate) – August – November.
- Internship arrangements / Meet&Greet (contracts, insurances, visa, working permit, accommodation) done by the project team in cooperation with scholarship holders and alumni, official reception of new interns – mid of December 2019 in Kyiv.
- Introduction in Germany. The participation is obligatory – end of February 2020.
- Beginning of the internship (departure to the respective cities) – 1. March 2020.